Pages

Friday 31 January 2014

Hero - Five minute Friday

Did you ever know you were my hero?

Its the question the song asks, about admiration that maybe was not expressed.  There are so many heroes that  I have to commend.  I can start and end with my mother...
She did it friends, she sacrificed, went alone, sacrificed some more.  She took three girls, to a foreign island, and then ended up on her own. She raised them in the so-called bad part of town and while it took something and a while for them to get it - my mother, my hero - has three daughters who love the Lord, did not get pregnant out of wedlock (thats a big thing in our family and community) and the youngest is about to get married soon. Did you ever know you were my hero, mom? Not my perfect example, but as I raise my children with a husband to support me, I hope I do as well as you. I love you Mom.

4 comments:

  1. keep up the good work!
    P.S. Thanks for posting on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I just started (this week!!!)but always wanted to be involved with 5 minute Fridays. God bless you.

      Delete
  2. Loving this one Kesh #blessings

    ReplyDelete