Pages

Friday 11 April 2014

Five Minute Fridays - PAINT

START

Before I saw the title for this week's challenge, I was thinking of paint.

Two weeks ago I was gifted with this little girl...who pushed out of me hard to breathe the breath of life that is God given.


I ask myself, when will I allow her to have polished, coloured nails.  I smile because I want to be feminine, truly feminine for her to see. Not in the painted lady way - with real woman hood hidden but in the way that little colour compliment and enhance.  I want her to know that God gave us colour, He enjoys colour and we too should enjoy it and not hide behind it.

Painted nails, I'm so looking forward to painting with my daughter.  My sons would paint walls, paper, and almost anything else but their nails, I pray.


And today I am thinking of the way that I carry myself, if a little painted nails would hurt me as I seek to celebrate being female and feminine for this little one. An example - with painted nails.

STOP

3 comments:

  1. I loved this! What a unique take on the word paint. Your words conjured up many memories of me painting my nails as a girl, and painting my daughters nails who are now 7 and 11. I really love how you said you want her to know God gave us color. Enjoyed your perspective, keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you....your entry into FMF moved me deeply. Thank you again.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on the birth of your daughter! What a beautiful piece...

    ReplyDelete