Pages

Saturday 10 May 2014

Five Minute Friday - GRATEFUL


It’s Five Minute Friday where a community of women gather to write for 5 minutes on 1 word. No editing, rethinking, backtracking – just get it out and on the page. Today’s word is GRATEFUL. It isn't easy but it’s so much fun. Join us.      See 
http://lisajobaker.com/


START

Gratefulness.  The constant 'thing' that is needed for a life of joy and contentment.  You can agree that almost ALL the things that we can complain about we can also give thanks for.


I cannot keep up with my toddler. Thank you Lord, for the life that my child has.
I am so broke. Thank you Lord that I see You and seek You as supplier of my needs.
This rain is annoying. Thank you Lord that the farms and fields are being fed.

You see where am going with this? 

I am discovering that whenever I feel the need to complain, whenever I give into that feeling, it is really an opportunity to give thanks, be gracious.


Being grateful is a constant choice I will need. Lord help me to remember.

And thank You that I was reminded by today's topic.  

What are somethings you complain about that could instead reasons to say thanks?

STOP

No comments:

Post a Comment