Pages

Tuesday 18 February 2014

Part 2 - Mommy-hood fails







Like I said the last time, "Don't judge, pray."  I'm about to share the next five (5) fails I have been guilty of in this journey of mommy-hood so far.


Mommy-hood fail #6 - Do as I say, not as I do

The little one has a new "thing" to do - Caribbean people call is 'steupsing', others will say he "sucked his teeth at his mother."  Well son boy is 'steupsing' for everything. At himself, at his brother, at the TV, at me...come to think of it, I cannot say I've heard him 'steups' at his father, hmmm. I am to blame. I do it often, too often - in jest, in serious times and in frustration. He hears and repeats. I say,"Don't do that. Its not nice," and then I steups. SMH. Lord help me.



Mommy-hood fail #7 - Ain't to proud to beg


My excuse is that at this stage of pregnancy am too tired to fight, sometimes to tired to be calm...I resort to begging my child to cooperate but not with words. I'm obviously to smart for that (uh, right). I bribe. "Come for 'this' " - sometimes 'this' is imaginary but other times its something to eat. The boys eat well, very well. And  I take advantage of their healthy appetites. I am sure that some parenting books, books on children with special needs, and other books on discipline all agree that what I am doing is wrong. I confess, feel free to arrest me. Keep me overnight - I'll get a full night's sleep. Thank you.


Mommy-hood fail #8 - To busy to play.


I recently made note of the fact that  I say no to playtime a little too often.  I try to get in some reading, some colouring but when it calls for being on the floor playing catch I do not always make that time. All the mothers are saying that I should make time. I want to. I also want to get what I need to get done so I can go and rest. I cannot wait for daddy to get home to take over game time.  This is not good. I have been making an effort to play more though...so yay me. :)


Mommy-hood fail #9 - School children say...


Sometimes I do and say things without consideration that the little ones are around. Little ones with big ears and echoing lips.  I have a responsibility that I sometimes take for granted. I am responsible for teaching what is right at all times.  I heard my little one repeating a word in a sing-song version some time ago and did not even realize he knew that word. SMH. 


Mommy-hood fail #10 - Our Father who art in heaven


My biggest fail is when I realize I have gone through the day not mentioning my children in prayer. I take this very seriously. I believe parents are the stewards of God caring for His children.  When I realized that the day is almost done and I have not mentioned my children to the Lord in prayer, I am repentant.


My dear friends, as mothers (and fathers) we will have failures, we will make mistakes but scripture says that love covers a multitude of sins. The Bible and life will prove that the grace of God is sufficient for us.  Extend grace to your children, receive grace for yourself.

Feel free to share your stories and let me pray for you as you pray for me.

2 comments:

  1. Laughing at Kymani when he was visibly upset. He was touching something he wasn't supposed to be touching, so I yelled at him, he stared at me for a few seconds, then began to pout his lips, that together with the heavy breathing was so funny I couldn't help but laugh.He then couldn't take it anymore and ran by his grandmother crying. After a few minutes I took him and hugged him and apparently he forgive me. Mummy pointed that even at that tender age of 13 months he has feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is true! I can only imagine his little face. :)

    ReplyDelete