Pages

Friday 7 February 2014

Steroids and a baby

Greetings,
Its so good to be able to say hello to you all and to be at home. :)  Get this, I was hospitalized for two days and injected with four doses of steroid for developing the lung function of my baby in case she comes early.

Now some of my family and friends had no idea I was in there and I will tell you this I had no idea why I was in there. Mild spotting, seven months along, initial check showed no signs for alarm, but the OBGYN consultant says "Check her in" and "medicate for four rounds of treatment of dexamethazone".
 Before I could even verify what dexamethazone was I was injected with my first round. No options, to sign off, no preparatory discussion. It was scary maddening and it was faith stretching. Praise report - baby is great, healthy and turned down, spotting has stopped and I got some rest.

God is perfect in His ways though, I had two fifteen years-old on my ward. It broke my heart. I spent time showing one of them how to feed and clean her baby, I was praying for the other one whose baby is in NICU and due for surgery and doing my best to encourage the others I came into contact with.
Romans 8:28 says "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."  I got two days of rest my husband has been trying to get me to take and I have a prayer list and a few new friends on Facebook to look up.
God bless you all! And thanks for reading.

1 comment:

  1. http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/REPORT-IT-OR--GO-TO-JAIL-244473281.html

    ReplyDelete